Boutique Hotels & Lodges New Zealand Limited was established when it was recognized that there was a gap in the New Zealand Tourism arena for a niche marketing group to promote a select group of mid-upper market genuine boutique hotels, lodges, and villas to the international traveler. Many of these properties also appeal to the corporate market for incentive and conference accommodation, together with special ceremonies and weddings.
The criterion was to bring together a non-competing, eclectic group of mid-upper market properties in each of the major tourism areas of New Zealand. No more than three properties are accepted from any one area and these must differ in either type, i.e. boutique hotel, lodge or villa or vary in tariff. This gives visitors to our site a nationwide range of “similar properties in quality while offering a wide range of differing experiences”; i.e. properties to choose from “collectively”.
To add to the experience, we have sought out properties, which offer an historic, architectural, artistic or cultural focus, as well as City, Lake, Mountain, Bush and Beach environments. With a worldwide interest in cuisine travel, we have brought to together a collection of hotels and lodges offering gourmet dining and award-winning wines from New Zealand and around the world.
Boutique Hotels & Lodges New Zealand was established 13 years ago and is now recognized as one of the leading international tourism marketers in New Zealand. We are constantly “raising the bar” in an ever growing and competitive market.
The company is owned and operated by Susan Roberts who has over 35 years experience in the travel, tourism, airline and hospitality industry and from this brings a wealth of experience, knowledge, credibility and excellent relationships with all associated partners.
Susan is a member of TIA– Tourism Industry Association of New Zealand.
- Huntaway Lodge – Northland – Water/View/Cuisine/Golf
- Cloud 9 Luxury Villa – Russell – Water/View/Beaches/Golf
- The Beach House – Kawau Island – Water/View/Beaches/Cuisine
- Mollies – Auckland – City/Celebrations
- Hotel DeBrett – Auckland – City/Cuisine
- The Boatshed – Waiheke Island, Auckland – Island/Beach/Architectural/Cuisine/Celebrations
- 970 Lonely Bay – Coromandel – Beach/Water/Views
- The French Country House – Tauranga, Bay of Plenty – Countryside/Town and Country/
- Black Swan Lakeside Boutique Hotel & Spa – Town and Country/Cuisine/Fishing/Water’s Edge
- Acacia Cliffs Lodge – Taupo – Mountain/Lake Views/Cuisine/Fishing/Golf
- The Point Villas – Taupo – Mountain/Lake/Cuisine/Fishing/Golf
- The Manse – Hawkes Bay – Cuisine/Town and Country/Golf
- Nice Hotel – New Plymouth – Town and Country/Cuisine/Celebrations
- Bronte Country Estate – Nelson– Mapua -Water’s Edge/
- Vintners Retreat– Marlborough – Town and Country
- Manakau Lodge – Kaikoura – Mountain/Water
- The Classic Villa – Christchurch – City/Historic
- Clearview Lodge – Christchurch – City/Golf
- Pen-y-Bryn Lodge – Oamaru – Historic/Cuisine
- Tin Tub Luxury Lodge – Wanaka – Country/Alpine/Celebrations
- Queenstown Park Boutique Hotel – Queenstown – Village/Lake/Mountains
- Rimu Lodge – Hokitika, West Coast – Mountains